Our Gordon Laboratories Core Values
Our core values are the underpinnings of our vision of who we are. They shape our culture and reflect what is important to all of us at Gordon Laboratories. They are our standards … the standards we use for doing business; how we deal with our employees, vendors, and customers … the standards to which all of us in the company are held accountable.
- Our people are our most important asset.
- Work should be both a stimulating and happy experience. Without that we cannot provide excellence in all our dealings with our customers.
- The pathway to promotion should be open to everyone, regardless of religion, race, gender, or sexual preference. It will also be influenced as much by a person’s character as anything else.
- We should be kind, gentle, and respectful with one another.
- Good communications is paramount. We cannot possibly deliver excellence without good and timely information.
- Independent thinking is critical to delivering excellence. Everyone needs to be a good listener.
- We are all accountable to one another.
- Management by intimidation always produces inferior results.
- Everyone, at every level of the company, is in charge of quality.
- Investment in training our people well is mandatory. Nobody can be happy in a job unless they can excel at it and achieve all the rewards it can provide.
- Management needing to “issue orders” stifles the ability of individuals to achieve excellent results.
- We believe in hard work, and being objective and thorough. Anything short of that cannot produce excellent results.
- Trust should be assumed until it is abused.
- We should have confidence in our leaders, but not be afraid to ask questions.
- Good relationships are built on honesty and transparency.
- We are all human beings, subject to all the human frailties that come with that.
- Our success in the future lies in our embracing both new ideas and new technology.