When preparing a product brief for a partner, we begin by utilizing our combined experience, yours and ours, to explore the marketplace and determine specific goals for your brand and product.
- Brands, competitors, formulas or markets that are driving your product needs
- Prospective ingredient requirements or restrictions
- Potential distribution channels
- Options for packaging requirements
- Target pricing and product volume requirements
Our manufacturing team, working with R&D, takes your formula into production:
- Collaborating with you and your team
- Researching the most innovative ingredient technologies available
- Identifying ingredient and process options to control costs
- Developing your formula for the production phase
Our manufacturing team in conjunction with the R&D team, takes your formula into production and:
- Review all samples to ensure quality and compliance with our product brief.
- Deliver the first batch of samples within 2 weeks.
- Provide final pricing based on formula, time to produce, packaging, etc.
Upon final sign-off, indicating that the product meets your expectations, you can be assured of the following quality control and testing procedures:
- All ingredient components are tested against standards for identity, potency, proportions and contaminants before use in manufacturing and production.
- Packaging components (bottles, jars, tubes, labels, etc.) are checked against standards upon receipt.
- Each product batch is individually tested and measured for composition and formulation during the compounding process to ensure batch to batch consistency.
- All products are tested for physical attributes (color, odor, appearance, viscosity), to ensure the absence of any contaminants, and that they are safe for consumer use.
- Every fill or pour is checked for proper weight and labeling prior to packaging for shipment.
Regulatory compliance is an important aspect of life at Gordon Laboratories. Staying current on the ever-changing domestic and international regulatory landscape is mandatory to achieving and maintaining 100% compliance.
As with Quality Assurance and Quality Control, document control and accuracy in compliance with regulations set forth by the FDA, the EU, and other state-level regulatory agencies is of the highest priority at Gordon Labs. We have an excellent record of compliance. Our most recent FDA audits returned “ZERO CORRECTIVE ACTION” reviews.
Gordon Labs is an FDA registered facility for the manufacturing of topical OTC products and holds the following certifications:
- ISO 9001:2015 (in-progress)